Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Unashamed Love . . .

" Whoever believes in him will not be ashamed . " -Romans 10 : 11 - GWT .


Chorus :
Of a childlike faith and of my honest praise
And of my unashamed love
Of a holy life and of my sacrifice
And of my unashamed love
My Thoughts . . .

I came home one night from work and while listening to my pandora the song above came on . I liked the song but I didn't immediately catch on to what it was saying because I was having a conversation , amongst being on Twitter and Facebook as well . I didn't grasp what was being said until I YouTube 'd it to actually listen to it , just to make sure it was something I would perhaps want to download to my iPod . While I began to listen to the words I became in awe at what Jason Morant was saying . Listening to the song , thinking on my past events & current events kind of had me at a stand still . I thought back to the times where I knew I believed and loved Jesus but because of where I was in my life , I didn't feel that it was fit for me to go professing my love for Him . For awhile no one knew I was a christian because I didn't feel as though it was my " place " to just openingly share my faith with anyone UNLESS they asked . Oh , how wrong I was . I've come into contact with a lot of people and after listening to this song I was forced to ask myself " If you would have shared your faith with those who you did or didn 't know believed in Jesus , do you know how many souls you could have possibly brought to Christ alone ? " I can honestly admit that I had this ashamed love for Him . I didn't want my peers to outcast me any certain way other than what they already had . I wanted to be amongst the cool kids - to a certain extent . I can only ask God for forgiveness in not doing what I was placed here to do , and thats spread his word . My life has done a complete 180 and I can openly and happily admit that im unashamed to talk about my Savior ! I love Him so much and I feel that I owe Him this much plus more and that its my duty to spread the good news ! My friends I pray you all gain this unashamed love Jason Morant is singing of , no matter who turns their back on you - God Almighty will be more than pleased !

No comments:

Post a Comment